Sunday, December 4, 2011


CANDY CANE BROWNIES


I love peppermint and candy canes are one of my favorite things. I just smell these brownies and I feel it is Christmas. Once you make these brownies, you’ll make them all year.


1 box chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
¼ cup peppermint baking chips
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 candy cane, crushed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan.
Mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil. I break eggs first into a separate bowl, then add them to the cake batter. Stir in the peppermint baking chips and the chocolate chips. The mixture will be very thick. Press into the pan. Sprinkle crushed candy cane on top of brownies.
Bake 14 – 16 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack. When cooled, cut into squares and serve.
Makes 16 brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment